The cause of the exhaust manifold pad is always bad, ho […]
The cause of the exhaust manifold pad is always bad, how to check whether the exhaust manifold pad is damaged. The car's exhaust pipe is more concerned by our riders, but the exhaust manifold we pay less attention to. It may be that we don't think it is very useful, and we tend to pay less attention to it. The exhaust manifold is a car. An indispensable part of the exhaust system, what is the reason for the exhaust manifold pad failure, we must pay attention when driving, otherwise it is definitely not desirable due to small mistakes.
Causes of Exhaust Manifold Mats
1.Exhaust brake is often used.
Some drivers think that since the exhaust brake is so designed, it is definitely okay because the pressure generated by the engine's working stroke is much higher than the negative pressure generated by the exhaust brake. Some old drivers believe that the exhaust brake blocks the normal discharge of exhaust gas, and the high pressure generated easily "smashes" the exhaust manifold pad. In actual use, such a thing does happen.
2. Improper operation is the cause
Mainly because many riders are "acute", when the vehicle is driving to the top of the slope, the engine temperature is relatively high, and the temperature of the exhaust gas is also high, resulting in high temperatures transmitted to the exhaust pipe and other components. Acute riders use exhaust braking at the beginning of the downhill, but due to the high temperature, the exhaust manifold pads are easily burned. This is what we usually call the exhaust manifold pads. Exhaust brake is broken. Of course, improper operation is not the cause of damage to all exhaust manifold pads, but only one of them.
3, correct posture can be solved
When many people encounter this kind of problem, they always complain about the poor quality of the engine and radiator, but they don't reflect on whether their operation is correct. This problem can be avoided if the correct operation is used when going downhill. When going downhill, the correct method should be to use the brakes in low gear first to allow the engine to run normally (no fuel injection or only a small amount of oil), take away a lot of heat generated by high-load operation on the uphill, and then use exhaust Air brake.
4. When the exhaust brake is turned on when the engine speed is high, the instantaneous pressure is too large, which is one of the reasons for the exhaust manifold pad to be damaged. Therefore, when the engine speed is low, we can turn on the exhaust brake switch (within 1500 revolutions) and let it rise slowly, so that the pressure in the exhaust manifold gradually increases, and the damage to the exhaust manifold pad is also Not too big.
Exhaust Manifold Requirements
In order to reduce exhaust resistance, some racing cars use stainless steel pipes to make exhaust manifolds. The exhaust manifold should take into account engine power performance, engine fuel economy performance, emission standards, engine cost, matching front cabin layout and temperature field, etc. At present, the exhaust manifolds commonly used are divided into cast iron manifolds and stainless steel manifolds in terms of materials and processing technology.
How to inspect the exhaust manifold manifold for damage
1. First read the engine fault code using HDS, no DTC appears.
2. Check the fuel pressure of the engine. When the ignition switch is turned on, the fuel pressure rises immediately and the pressure is displayed as 312kPa. When the ignition switch is turned off, the pressure remains above 200kPa within 10min, indicating that the working pressure and the holding pressure of the fuel system are normal .
3. Check the air filter in the air intake system. It is found that there is mud and sand in the housing, and a layer of dust is stuck in the filter. Use compressed air to blow it clean.
4. Removed the intake hose of the throttle body, and found that there was a crack in the intake hose at the clamp, and there was air leakage. After replacing the intake hose, a test run was performed, and the fault remained, indicating that the fault had not been eliminated.
5. Start the engine, keep the engine idle, and find that the exhaust manifold is smoking. Finally, remove the exhaust manifold and check carefully. It is found that the exhaust manifold pad is damaged. After replacing the exhaust manifold pad, it malfunctions. exclude.